How to use SnoozeShade for Portacots
SnoozeShade for Portacots fits ALL standard rectangular portacots that are up to 106cm (41") long and 75cm (30”) wide, including models by Graco, Baby Trend, Even-Flo, 4Moms, Dream on Me and Fisher Price.
It also fits most popular travel cribs including Baby Bjorn, Nuna Sena, Guava Lotus, Phil & Teds.
Time is critical when you’re dealing with a tired baby! That’s exactly why SnoozeShade is designed so it takes just seconds to put on or take off your playard.
Below is a short demonstration video that shows you how to fit SnoozeShade for Pack 'n Plays. You may also find these top tips handy:
1. Place SnoozeShade over your portacot, ensuring the section with the top panel is at the top. Align the SnoozeShade’s corners with the corners of your portacot and pull the sides down over the frame.
2. Attach each of the four corner straps tightly and securely around the legs of your portacot, making sure the Velcro pads overlap to form a loop.
3. Close the top panel using the two-way zip if you want to, or fold it into the integrated pocket to keep it safely tucked away if you’d rather leave it open.
4. Use the window flaps to adjust the light levels inside the portacot to suit your child. Cover the windows completely for maximum darkness, or roll up one or both to let more light in, securing with our baby-safe snaps.
When the top panel is closed and the window flaps are down SnoozeShade safely blocks out 94% of light and blurs distractions, helping your baby fall asleep and stay asleep. Please visit the product page for more information on how SnoozeShade for Portacots works.
If you need any personalized advice, we're here to help. Just drop us an email and we’ll be in touch. We really want you to get the best out of your SnoozeShade and, honestly, there's no such thing as a silly question. So ask away!
How to use SnoozeShade for Pack 'n Plays:
- All SnoozeShades are machine washable at 30° and can be tumble dried on low heat.
- Before washing or storing your SnoozeShade, be sure to close all zips and attach the Velcro straps to each other to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Do not iron.
SnoozeShade was invented by a British mum, Cara Sayer, who needed a solution to help her baby daughter sleep soundly in her pram. Our scientifically tested fabric is free from chemicals and completely air permeable (which means air passes through it freely), and all our products are tested to and exceed required US standards. Every component is safe enough for a newborn, including our zips, straps and snaps.
The following information will help ensure you use your SnoozeShade for Portacots safely. Please read it carefully:
1. Use the top panel to regularly check on your baby.
2. If you want to leave the top panel open, store the flap in the pocket provided to keep it safely tucked away.
3. Ensure the straps are securely attached to the legs of your portacot, overlapping the Velcro pads to form a loop.
- Ensure that your portacot is correctly assembled prior to attaching SnoozeShade
- Do not use more than one mattress in the portacot
- SnoozeShade should be used with only one child in the portacot
- Always position the portacot in a shady well ventilated location out of direct sunlight
- It is the carer’s responsibility to check regularly that baby is well hydrated and comfortable
- Keep away from fire and other heat sources
- This is not a toy and must not be used except for its intended purpose as a sleep aid
- Do not use once your child is able to climb out of the portacot
- Do not leave anything in the portacot or place the portacot close to another product that could provide a foothold or present danger of suffocation or strangulation such as strings, blind/curtain cords etc
- Do not use this product with a crib, cradle, bassinet, cot bed, carrycot or any other nursery product other than a portacot or travel crib
Using a baby monitor with SnoozeShade
Safety is at the heart of every SnoozeShade product. If a baby monitor has wires and is in the portacot, it can carry the risk of entrapment or strangulation. Many health professionals also have concerns about using a monitor too close to a baby due to wifi and electromagnetic radiation levels.
For these reasons, a pocket for a monitor is not incorporated in my product. Many parents have told us they have found a safe way to use a monitor with their SnoozeShade but I can’t give advice for the reasons above and because I cannot comment on the use of products that are not manufactured by me.
Please remember that there is no substitution for parental supervision and, if your baby is in a portacot, you should have them close by and check on them regularly.